Harvey Nash are working with a Global financial service provider to recruit for a Senior Support Engineer to join a growing application / operational support team based out of Galway.
Working as part of a globally distributed team of support engineers, you will be responsible for aiding in the support of the company's key market data service. Working in a hybrid on-prem (Linux) / Cloud (AWS) environment you will be required to troubleshoot both infrastructure and application issues (mainly based on Java) as you help to manage and resolve critical incidents, aid in deployments and resolve system failures.
Ideally you will have a combination of the below technical skills:
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in either Computer Science / related field or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Proven experience working in a system and application support related role managing incidents - including Triaging, troubleshooting, owning, communicating findings and eventual resolution.
- Strong desire to dig deep to identify and find resolutions to problems in a timely manner * Experience of supporting both large multi-server distributed UNIX/LINUX environments and AWS based cloud applications
- Experience of both Linux and AWS Sysadmin and monitoring solutions would be hugely advantageous
- Experience with shell scripts and/or PERL/Python scripting * Knowledge and experience of Application Software Development in Java/JS language
- Knowledge of application development and release cycles (DEV/QA/UAT/PROD) including pipelines
- SQL experience
- Network topology understanding
- Knowledge of working in an Agile Environment
- Awareness of both current and emerging technologies
- Knowledge of collaboration tools such as Confluence/JIRA
In addition to a competitive rate and option for working remotely from anywhere he in Ireland, you will gain the chance to work with new and emerging technologies and aid in the support of one of the company's key services.
If you are interested in this role or want to learn more, you can contact Aaron for a confidential chat at 01 674 1415 or apply directly.