Trading Support Engineer
As Trading Support Engineer you will join the existing Trading Application Support team. You will work in a business orientated environment managing multiple responsibilities and demands with a strong sense of urgency and focus to ensure the performance and stability of our proprietary trading systems as well as the related hardware is optimized. You will work closely with development and engineering teams and can dig into the data available through queries and scripts, in order to resolve issues. You can also provide analytics to aide to the teams in their day to day activities.
In this role you will:
- Address queries and investigating issues.
- Act as primary escalation point for these issues.
- Troubleshoot and optimize our proprietary applications.
- Real time monitoring you will look at a number of monitoring applications displaying a live view of our environment (both software & hardware). Responding if a piece of hardware dies or software crashes to get it back up a running.
- You are responsible for deploying, reviewing, and testing changes to the production trading environment, deploying software-related also.
- You will get to work on both short & long-term projects these projects vary greatly
- You will collaborate with development and engineering teams to design new and improve functionalities within the production environment.
- 5 years + experience or more in an application or production support role.
- Experience working with real-time system monitoring tools, such as Splunk or Check_mk to identify issues, predict trends and performance
- Knowledge and/or a desire to develop of networked Application Systems to include exposure to database environment, Windows (2008R2, 2012R2, 2016).
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent IT analytical/troubleshooting skills to include extensive experience tracing problems through analysing log files, following application/systems logic (e.g. routing paths)
- Experience of or working with and supporting a batch scheduling system an advantage
- Knowledge of scripting (e.g. Windows Batch, Powershell, Python)
- Familiarity working in a ticketing system environment
- Experience of technical documentation & support cases.
- Trading systems support along with financial trade floor experience is a plus but not essential, training will be provided.
- Initiative – proven record of seeking continuous improvement and implementing best practice in technology environment
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and creative
- Strong communication (verbal and written) – ability to convey technically complex subjects in a clear and concise manner
- Attention to detail – thorough in work carried out
- Interpersonal – friendly and approachable
- Teamwork – working together to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Flexibility – all members of the team participate in early morning and out of hours support schedules
- Desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge
Hours of work
The Trading Support Team operate four shifts 6:30 – 3:30, 7.00 – 4.00, 9:00 – 18:00 and 11:00 – 20:00
Bonus, VHI, Pension, Canteen, Travel Tax Incentives, Expenses