A global leader in the FinTech industry are currently looking to hire a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to their team. The role is perfect for an engineer who takes joy in figuring out how things work and loves to automate everything they can. The ideal engineer will have 8-10 years experience working with Unix/Linux systems, good experience with RDBMS such as Oracle and good automation/tooling development skills.
The role will be part of a team that is leading the DevOps transformation throughout the company by being an advocate to change through out the SDLC. As a Senior SRE your role will be ensure the production readiness of their platform through operational criteria like system availability, capacity, performance, monitoring, self-healing, and deployment automation are implemented throughout the delivery process.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Analyse ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimise mean time to recover
- Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
- Share knowledge and mentor junior resources
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Must have an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Passion for designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
- Advanced experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, and Chef.
- Experience designing and implementing an effective and efficient CI/CD flow that gets code from dev to prod with high quality and minimal manual effort is required.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org