Our Quality Org is looking to hire an SDET (Node.js) to drive quality and automated testing for across the Technology organisation. SDET’s work in cross functional teams on test tools and frameworks so that writing tests is seamless and can be undertaken by any developer on the team (think TDD).
At Shutterstock an SDET should be proficient in coming up with test cases and describing how they can be written either by the SDET or another developer. A Shutterstock SDET should also be able to drive quality within the team by encouraging team members to test their code at all levels (unit tests, integration tests, performance tests, end to end tests, security tests. etc.) and creating/implementing test tools to make testing as efficient as possible.
- Drive quality for our search capabilities including testing search algorithms, performance and overall user search experience from end to end.
- Be part of a stand-alone engineering team working closely with other engineers and product managers in rolling out enhancements and new features.
- Work on key features across Shutterstock.com
- Build out automation frameworks to help integrate automated tests seamlessly into the current development process.
- Drive quality across team by constantly building easy-to-use test frameworks and influencing developers to move towards test driven development.
- Work with real world problems faced in scaling the business, suggest innovations/enhancements and work with team in implementing and rolling them out.
- Contribute to automated test suites based on acceptance criteria, maintain tests; track outcomes, and monitor for inconsistent results.
- Lead the quality effort of software solutions for projects of sizable scope and impact.
- Constantly evaluate bugs in the product with keenness to improve the system/software development process to prevent them from repeating.
- Evaluate software quality to ensure that software is performing according to product requirements.
- Be the single point of contact for quality and should act as Go-To person for quality during any major release / feature launch
- Create a thorough test strategy for all major feature launches (aka test plan) detailing scope, out of scope, responsibilities, testing types, timelines, tools, owners etc.
- 3 - 5 years of professional experience in software testing and software development - Node.js
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, algorithms and data structures.
- Knowledge of SQL Databases
- Knowledge of Event and HTTP Architectures
- Experience working with REST API
- Experience using API performance testing tools; jmeter, gatling, locust, any other related tool.
- Experience working on a structured agile team and within a structured quality organization.
- Be able to adhere to the inverse pyramid of automation (Unit, Integration/Mid-Level and Acceptance Tests) and determine tests needed for complete coverage of a feature.
- Must be able to work directly with the engineering team to determine the health of a feature and clearly communicate the health to others.
- Knowledge of open source technologies
- Experience with specific technologies: Spring Java Framework, Kafka, Amazon Aurora
- Experience building Jenkins CI Pipelines in Groovy
- Experience with Helm/Kubernetes/Giant Swarm
- Experience with contract testing
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers and Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, and want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE:SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider ofhigh-quality licensed photographs,vectors,illustrations,videosandmusicto businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 330 million images and more than 18 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also includeBigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom,a custom content creation platform; Offset, ahigh-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curatedroyalty-free musiclibrary; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source ofeditorial imagesfor the world's media.
For more information, please visitwww.shutterstock.comand follow Shutterstock onTwitterand onFacebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V