Stelfox is exclusively supporting the recruitment and setup of a new/additional agile software development team for one of our clients in Dublin City who sell an Enteprise Digital Platform used by large organisations across the globe.
As this is a new software engineering pod/team, we are looking to hire in a hands-on Software Development Team Lead who can lead the development team as well as get involved in various projects and the architecture evolution of their product.
The current product / platform is built off a Java & Spring framework, AWS with plans to evolve existing product to a Microservices architectural approach, redevelop the API / integration layer, introduce DevOps / CI/CD pipelines and explore the likes of AWS Serverless in the future (medium to long term).
As Lead, your role will be split into two:
- Technical - Coding, design, architecture - 50-60%
- Team Leading / Management activities - coaching/mentoring developers, code reviews, leading by example on best practices, performance review and career development planning - 40-50%
You will have 5 other Software engineers (Java) in this team as well which will be hired also in the coming weeks as well as QA engineer with the support of a Product Owner and Project Manager.
We are looking for the following experience:
- A relevant IT/computer science related or equivalent degree.
- 7-10 years commercial software engineering experience on Java based software products.
- 1-2 years Team leading experience, ideally of between 5-10 resources in your team.
- Strong knowledge / experience across Java & Spring stack.
- Experience in modern architecture is preferred - Microservices / Cloud architecture
- Excellent communication and team leading characteristics to lead from the front.
- Passion for technology but also for developing other people around you and see them grow into strong engineers.
The company is operating in an area with Job security and opportunity during these difficult times so are continuing to see growth in their customer base and workload in recent weeks.
There is a strong culture and very collaborative team who support each other as there is two other agile development team in the engineering organisation at present with this new team being the third to be added.
Initial interviewing, hiring and onboarding will all take place remotely and work will remain remote until restriction are lifted over the next few months gradually and the office base will be in the City Centre in Dublin with access to all transport routes.
We have a number of similar
positions currently, and in the future, which we would like to discuss with you
should you indicate your interest in this role. When we receive your
application for this role, we will contact you to advise you of our process for
other similar positions.
Stelfox is fully compliant with GDPR
Your shared data will not be
disclosed or transferred to a third party data controller or data processor
located outside the EEA unless we have obtained your express consent.
We look forward to working with you.