SIG is a technology-driven, global quantitative trading firm. With offices all over the world employing more than 3000 employees with over 1000 dedicated technologists. The Dublin office is the European headquarters - based in the IFSC Dublin for the last 21 years we commit our own capital to trade equities, options, futures, ETFs, bonds, and other financial products, on all European exchanges as well as most major exchanges internationally. We are a place where smart, analytical, like-minded people come together to leverage rational thought in the markets. Technology is core to the success of our business. We have more than 1000 technologists building our systems from the ground up. We are on the leading edge of low-latency, high performance automated trading and our technology drives every aspect of our business. Our developers and engineers work together to build solutions using the newest and fastest technology available. We work in a complex, distributed environment where we continually strive to improve systems capacity, increase speed, ensure stability and mitigate risk in every system. At SIG, Technology matters.
Our Software engineers are employed in building, maintaining and supporting real time, trading systems that are fundamental to our success and competitiveness in the current trading environment.
The Dublin technology environment is a rich mix of proprietary software focused on delivering highly available, low latency services for order routing, front office trading environment and market data distribution.
In the role you will:
Be involved in the analysis, design and development of complex and business-critical software applications in a front office trading environment bringing strong software engineering skills to the role, along with an interest in applying the latest technology to the development of electronic trading systems. You will work closely with the traders to analyse requirements and issues, implement and maintain complex software components supporting all aspects of the trading environment.
- Analysis, design and development of complex and business-critical software applications;
- Taking projects through the entire cycle from requirements gathering to production release;
- Constantly maintaining and tuning existing applications to meet evolving performance criteria as business changes;
- Analysing automated trading behaviour and interpreting the results;
- Analysing large complex data sets and reporting key findings;
- Working with traders and quants to analyse and improve trading algorithms;
What We're looking for:
- Bsc in Computer science or a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience of complex server-side software development in C#, C++ or Java
- Ability to absorb algorithms and develop high-performance implementations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with traders, quantitative analysts, and other software developers
- Experience or interest in areas such as capital markets, probability, game theory and the application of IT solutions to these areas is a plus.
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.