At ResMed (NYSE: RMD, ASX: RMD) we pioneer innovative solutions that treat and keep people out of the hospital, empowering them to live healthier, higher-quality lives. Our cloud-connected medical devices transform care for people with sleep apnea, COPD and other chronic diseases. Our comprehensive out-of-hospital software platforms support the professionals and caregivers who help people stay healthy in the home or care setting of their choice. By enabling better care, we improve quality of life, reduce the impact of chronic disease and lower costs for consumers and healthcare systems in more than 120 countries. To learn more, visit ResMed.com and follow @ResMed.
Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Let’s talk about the team and you:
ResMed’s Connected Health Innovationteam is responsible for digital health technology innovation and development ofdigital intellectual property. Our goal is to leverage new ideas and creativethought from across ResMed to solve for superior outcomes, experiences andefficiency in health and wellness through courageous agile development,experimentation and learning.
As a Software Engineer for the ConnectedHealth Innovation, you’ll be ideating and creating software prototypes andproducts for next generation solutions in digital health. You’ll be passionate about cutting-edgesoftware engineering and technology and relish the opportunity to work in an environmentthat supports your passion and creativity by providing you with challengingprojects to solve and the freedom explore your own ideas.
This is an opportunity to get in on theground, as a founding team member helping to establish an entrepreneurial teamculture. You’ll be part of a small empowered team, you’ll enjoy the freedom ofbroad and flexible roles including working across multiple technology stacks,across different platforms and languages.
Let's talk about Responsibilities:
- Design and develop cloud-native and mobile applications as well as some embedded prototypes.
- Collaborate day to day within a small team of software developers, behavioral scientists, algorithm developers and UX/UI designers
- Assist in translating business problems and concepts into technology prototypes of adequate maturity for experimentation through market tests and for technology de-risking for product development
- Design and implement solutions, and provide reliable estimates of complexity and effort
- Deliver code that is robust and suitably tested for purpose, scaling effort appropriately for prototypes, pilots and product development de-risking
- Build strong collaborative relationships with Product Development engineers and designers
- Understand and work within development best practices including Design Thinking, Lean Start-up and Agile practices
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency
- Be a valued member ofan autonomous, full-cycle, cross-functional agile team
Let’s talk Qualifications and Experience:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field or equivalent industry experience
- You have industry experience in software development with a proven track record of delivering customer facing production software
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You have experience working within an Agile software development process, particularly Scrum
- You are able to travel internationally on an infrequent basis
- It would be an advantage if you have experience with multiple platforms and technology stacks across mobile and web
Okay, so what’s next?
Joining ResMed is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered. ResMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of.