Software Engineer (Mid level Development - 3 years experience)
Our exclusive client was established in 2014 and specializes in automation for Amazon Web Services resources. Their software solution allows users to easily automate backups for EC2 and RDS instances as well as scheduling instances on/off to meet specific business requirements. Since acquisition in June 2018, they has grown quickly to support customers in over fifteen countries worldwide. Continued expansion provides an immediate opportunity to join this very exciting enterprise and establish yourself as a lead technologist.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer with NodeJS and/or AngularJS being prominent experience requirements. This role will include responsibility for managing the interchange of data between the server tier and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Ideally the right candidate will have a focus on software delivery best practices and be able to demonstrate a leading role in definition of an industry aligned methodology. A direct contribution in framing quality delivery practises, both technology & process oriented, a distinct advantage.
- Develops software modules for various parts of the system
- Writes design documents and proposes design solutions
- Demonstrates good understanding of software engineering processes such as agile methodologies, code-reviews, writing functional specifications
- Understands and maintains existing code-base, adds features, fixes bugs, re-factors existing code
- Solves challenging technical problems
- Collaborates with team members and cross functional product teams
- Writes well designed, efficient, testable code
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of data structures
- Demonstrates good understanding of development tools such as version control, effort management and ticketing and compiling and generating builds
- Seeks help and advice from others when stuck to resolve existing issues at the earliest
- Demonstrates a strong passion to learn
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills including communication and assertiveness
- Estimates work assigned to self
- Improves product quality by fixing bugs & enhancing product stability
- Educated to degree level or with recognised and applicable industry certifications.
- Minimum of 3 yrs experience working as a software engineer
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it e.g. Express, Sequelize, etc.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages e.g Handlebars, EJS, etc.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processors e.g SCSS, Less, etc
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and
optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
High salary, 10% bonus, healthcare, modern central office with parking and canteen facilities onsite.
Work with tight knit world class team in the coolest place on the planet!
Please submit a current CV for immediate consideration, quick starts available.