Software Project Manager, Galway
FRS Recruitment are actively sourcing and screening for a Software Project Manager with a strong understanding of modern software development methodologies to drive our audio engineering projects on Mobile and PC platforms.. This role is based in Galway but sits in a global team. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working on multiple related and co-dependent projects. They are able to apply their strong project management skills to the varying needs of multiple stakeholders, customers, products and timelines.
Education and/or Experience:
- A demonstrable understanding of audio systems architecture across one or more platforms.
- Experience with different software development lifecycle methods including Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Unified Process, and/or waterfall.
- Has participated in all phases of the software development lifecycle methodology, having delivered two or more new solutions end-to-end including requirements, design, development, documentation, testing, release, and operational support.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Jira, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools (i.e. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket) preferred.
- Experience with process maturity models (e.g. PMI, BSIMM, Six Sigma, CMMi) desired
- MS. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study required (or equivalent work experience). Master Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years' experience managing software engineering projects. Minimum 5 years working in computer software engineering.
- Certified Scrum Master.
- Excellent understanding of other agile and non-agile software project methodologies.
- PMI certification preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a globally distributed work environment.
- Passion for developing great software.
- Passion for audio engineering
This Software Project Manager role is an exciting new opportunity with our key client. Excellent basic salary in the region plus pension, healthcare, life assurance etc on offer for the successful candidate. The role is based in one of our European offices ie Galway or Romania. The project manager works closely with internal stakeholders, product owners, and software engineers to develop new products and improve existing ones. The Software Project Manager will have an excellent opportunity to advance their career with a leading multinational and choice employer in the region.
Audio, architecture, Agile, Kanban, JAVA, Python, C++, PMI, Scrum Master
Please send an updated cv in strict confidence for this Software Project Manager role to Laura Guiney via the apply link or share with friends/colleagues..