Software QA Engineer
Blueface’s portfolio of business-grade solutions, customizable cloud voice unified communications platform is a member of Comcast Business’s portfolio of business-grade solutions. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with three primary businesses: Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal and Sky. Making Comcast one of the world's largest connectivity and entertainment companies.
Recognised by Gartner in their UCaaS Magic Quadrant, Blueface has built upon superlative voice foundations to develop a feature-rich, easily customised proprietary platform for businesses and carriers of any size. Blueface has global reach with headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and Philadelphia, USA; with additional offices in New York, Hong Kong, Rome, Madrid, and London. As a member of Comcast Business, Blueface’s culture is built on integrity and respect—with the goal of working together to drive ourselves and our businesses to always be creative, innovative, and competitive. At Blueface, we embrace good ideas and bring them to life quickly. We’re forward-looking and restless in looking for new ways to innovate for our customers.
Blueface is seeking a talented Software QA Engineer to join our Engineering team.
If your talents match the brief and you can contribute to our innovation-driven, fun-loving, high performance team — apply today!
Software QA Engineer
Blueface is seeking an innovative and creative Software QA Engineer with 3+ years’ experience. As a Software QA Engineer, you will be involved in a fast paced environment testing across a range of web, mobile & backend technologies, while looking to grow your knowledge on automation, testing tools, processes and test techniques.
You will join the global, multi-functional Blueface Technology Team and will be instrumental in the full software development life-cycle. This includes, but is not limited to, writing automated tests, manual testing, post-release tests and generally improving the QA processes and tooling used by the company..
We are looking for a candidate who is willing to grow alongside our innovative, high-growth company. The role will have scope to evolve based on the candidate’s desire to learn and to become involved in other technical fields.
- You will drive a quality ethos to a high standard across the Software Delivery Life Cycle through your interactions with various individual contributors, teams, departments and related organizations.
- You will be involved in all our software deliveries : Backend, Front end & Mobile apps.
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Maintain and execute test cases and/or regression test suites, manual and automated, in support of our daily deployment
- Help testing our software at the various phases of the development life cycle, including post release tests
- Production Support and patch/hot-fix management: creating and executing tests to validate issues and fixes
- Bug reporting and issue tracking to resolution: reporting, updating and tracking issues through to resolution using Jira. Bugs are documented in a manner that ensures that all stakeholders are in a position to reproduce the bug, if required
- Reporting: communicating test results and findings (test sessions, including bugs and producing some training documentation, where this improves knowledge transfer). This data may need to be communicated verbally and/or in written format, in a clear and concise way
- Audit/Test current products and identify deficiencies and opportunities
- Working with the overall development team, including Product & UX to define opportunities to improve our web portals and mobile applications
- Improve the QA processes used by our various software teams
- Improve the quality and coverage of our automated test suites for our applications
- Identify training needs and take action to ensure team-wide compliance
- Pursue a continuous learning mindset to keep abreast of new solutions, technologies, and skills
The role is new and will allow a lot of personal growth in the coming years as we build up our QA team and processes.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and others
- Strong knowledge of testing some or all of the following: web based applications as well as mobile and backend API
- Familiar with tools such as: JIRA, BitBucket (Pipeline), TestRail, Postman
- Ability to write Technical documentation
- Strong understanding of the full SDLC
- Experience with writing SQL queries (Selects, Joins etc..)
- Some knowledge of CI/CD tooling and processes an advantage
- Knowledge / awareness of the security aspects of software is important
Blueface are as committed to developing our staff as we are to developing our stack. With this in mind, the ideal candidate will possess:
- BSc in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related areas.
- Professional certification, such as ISTQB, Six Sigma, Quality Engineer, or Quality Auditor
- Knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices, version control practices and defect management practice
- A proactive, self-motivated personality with a strong commitment to learning
- Be aware of the relationship between the development team and success of the overall business, and have a strong sense of ownership over this relationship
- An ability to work under pressure and against tight deadlines
Location and Perks
Blueface HQ is located in the IFSC, in the heart of Dublin. The area is served by excellent infrastructure and public transit links (DART, Dublin Bus, LUAS), and close to all that Dublin City has to offer including parks, cinemas, theaters, bars and shopping.
We are two minutes from CHQ — a space teeming with excellent lunch spots — as well as Foodie, the Natural Bakery, Seven Wonders, Il Fiorino and a host of the highest quality coffee shops and grocery stores.
- Private Healthcare Coverage
- Pension (PRSA) with contribution scheme of up to 10% from January
- Excellent Annual Leave
- Linkedin Learning & Harvard Mentor Manager
- Corporate Partnerships
- Travel Scheme benefits
- Hardware and Software Licences
Apply now to become the newest addition to the Blueface Team!
Role Type: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Compensation: NEG, DOE