An experienced QA Test Engineer is required to join a large software company based in Cork. The Test Engineers will report to the Software Project Manager. This is a daily rate contract role.
What you will do:
- Develop an understanding of client business terminology practice and procedures within a reasonable timeframe.
- Develop knowledge of the client’s business model to assist in Requirement validation.
- Provide input as per best practice (estimating, designing, developing, and executing test procedures and test cases).
- Provide guidance about functionality and quality in relation to the testing approach.
- Review specification documents so that accurate and comprehensive test plans and test cases can be created.
- Work closely with the Development team on a daily basis.
- Liaise with Business Analysts/Business Users if requirements are unclear.
- Execute Test plans and Regression Test plans within agreed timescales and standards.
- Investigate and document defects in a defect-tracking system and verify resolution to ensure prompt closure of all defects.
- Ensure that all assigned QA tasks are run to agreed schedule and to an acceptable level of quality.
- Clearly articulate and communicate testing status, and red/yellow flags, which might interfere with the achievement of QA milestones.
- Contribute to the creation of functional, regression, performance and load/stress test suites and adhere to the test methodologies used within the company.
What you need to do the job:
- Must have 4+ cumulative years of Software Test experience.
- Strong testing background expected with experience writing test plans and test procedures.
- Experience in the use of Defect Tracking tools like Microsoft TFS, HP ALM or Jira.
- Experience testing business / enterprise applications.
- Experience and working knowledge of SQL Server and T-SQL.
- Ability to learn new business areas quickly.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience.
What is nice to have:
- Be competent in the use of test automation tools to maximise productivity during the regression testing and smoke testing phases of the project.
- Experience with Test Automation Tools, Visual Studio Team System (Test Edition), Selenium (WebDriver) or similar tools.
- Experience of structured testing methods and techniques.
- Working knowledge.Net and/or Java advantageous.