Software Test Engineer - Limerick
Due to ongoing expansion, our client is seeking an experienced Software Test Engineer to join their team in Limerick, Ireland. We want a highly motivated engineer to become part of an agile team within a fast-paced environment. This role will provide the successful candidate with scope to participate in developing and growing the function within the company. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an innovative and stable company driving the development of cutting-edge software solutions for the global mobile telecommunications market.
You will develop and maintain various aspects of the Software Test and Test Engineering function within the company.
- Software testing of company products (functional, system, regression, performance, load, build validation, scheduling, etc) * Creation and maintenance of a library/database of test related documentation and tools.
- Monitoring, reporting and contributing to the ongoing improvement of all aspects of software quality, design and delivery
- Development and maintenance of all aspects of the Test Lab and test environments (hardware/OS/software)
- Adoption and/or design and creation of appropriate software test tools
- Provision of backup to other teams internally within the organisation and externally on customer sites as required * Participation in the generation and delivery of product and test related training material
- Participation in product related documentation reviews and contributions
- Design of useful lightweight processes for interaction with other teams internally * Occasional international travel
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
You will have a relevant degree, and a minimum of 4 years relevant industry experience. You will also have experience in some of the following areas:
- Software test (telecommunications, IP, distributed systems, HA)
- Software test (functional, regression, load, performance, unit)
- Software test tools (JMeter, Seagull, Selenium, etc)
- Design and creation of software test tools (Java, C, Scripting, etc)
- Unix, Linux (operating systems install, hardware install) * Virtual machines and cloud computing (VirtualBox, VMware, KVM, etc). * IP Networking and interfaces (physical and logical setup and configuration, routing protocols, ethernet based telco port cards, various cabling standards, Wireshark) * Telco protocols (Diameter, RADIUS, GSM, SS7, Sigtran, SMS/MAP, GPRS/GTP, CAP, INAP, USSD etc)
- Telco services (SMS, voice, data, policy control, USSD)
- Charging interfaces and protocols
- Software quality metrics and design principles * Databases and scripting (SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Shell Scripting, Perl/Python/Groovy) * Rest API testing (Postman, Rest Assured)