A leading Financial Services company requires a SOLUTION ARCHITECT experienced in mainframe systems to lead a major project to migrate legacy systems to Java solutions.
This position is pivotal to success in the long term project, with the company about to embark on a modernising and transformation focus their technology landscape to reinforce their position as an innovative, digital and streamlined organisation.
You will take a lead role in creating appropriate functional and technical solution designs to realise the business requirements in respect. The role is responsible for the IT platforms underpinning technology strategy and build best-in-class technology design, IT strategy & Architecture.
You will partner with business leaders to shape and design its strategic agenda and also its ongoing BAU.
You will have a background in Mainframe development (Cobol, DB2, CICS...) up to senior level, with the ability to understand the demands and requirements of realtime, business critical systems and map existing systems to newly created solutions.
As a key strategic position within the long-term project you will have the ability to liaise across technical and non-technical teams up to management level, influence technology decisions in line with business needs.
- The technical and solution design of solutions that impact on the platform portfolio ensuring that consistent design is applied to all changes
- Ensure that design aligns with Tech Strategy and Enterprise Architecture principles as well as industry best practices
- Ensure that the technical design & solution delivers on business outcomes
- Ensure that the solutions designed are customer centric
- Risk assess each design piece on the following: Technical risk, Technical Debt, Performance, Security, Scalability, fit for purpose
A superb opportunity to utilise your Mainframe knowledge in a large transformation project, moving a large organisation towards modern Java-based solutions, this long-term role offers excellent career growth potential.
Apply online today for full details, or call Paul on 01 4744618 for a confidential chat
Please note candidates muct be immediately eligilbe to work in Ireland/EU for applications to be considered
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.