SoftwareONE Technology Services is a premier provider of professional and managed services. Our Technology Services ethos places the customer outcomes at the heart of everything we do. SoftwareONE works closely with customers to align business and IT objectives.
We support the organizational goals through our solutions. Based on the business objectives and IT investments, we provide IT strategy, defined roadmaps, and design and implement solutions to accelerate the transformation of our customer's business.
Meet Sean Nicholson, our Global Director Technology Services. He has played a key role in driving SoftwareONE’ s incredible transformation from its focus on reselling to offering a wide array of technology services company. Watch Sean share his story and thoughts for the future.
SoftwareONE the global leader in Software Portfolio Management are seeking Solutions Consultant to join a well-established Technology Services team that play a pivotal role in the success of our business.
The Software Solution Specialist (Sol Spec) – Future Datacenter (FDC)* is responsible for driving and co-owning Future Datacenter solution sales and business development within his/her assigned region. The role functions as a partnership with the primary account manager and as a result is not limited to traditional “overlay role” restrictions, the Sol Spec is expected to take a consistently proactive approach to developing the technical solutions business in the region. The Sol Spec is the technical lead in the region for pre-sales (both professional services and managed services) customer engagements for the respective region. The role also serves as the liaison between the assigned sales team and customers and professional services delivery resources which include both in-house and partner delivered services. The Sol Spec will scope professional services opportunities and assist in the creation and delivery of proposal and Statements of Work (SoW) to customers. The Sol Spec will be required to maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge across a broad set of foundational technologies as well as at least one specific technology set to serve as the subject matter expert for that specific subject on a national and/or global scale.
The Sol Spec is in the delivery teams.
*FDC is the technology practice focused on the delivery of software centric datacenter solutions with an emphasis on Hybrid Cloud and Next Generation datacenter technologies (future in the context of next-gen). The role will require cross solution level technical understanding and expertise across multiple platforms (primarily Windows & Linux), hybrid cloud (with a focus on management, operations, and automation), database (SQL) and mainly public cloud (IaaS, PaaS). While there will be no limitations on the publishers and vendors that can be included in these practice solutions, foundational partners such as, but not limited to, Microsoft Azure and AWS will serve as foundational technologies within the stack. The practice will also include “emerging technology” solutions from newer publishers and vendors that are finding traction in the broader marketplace and/or serve a specific niche solution. FDC is one of three global technology practices that include Cloud infrastructure solution (Azure, AWS), with professional services and managed services.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Sales & Services
- Partners and co-owns sales activities at a customer level with the field-based account manager (Business Development Manager [BDM]).
- Performance and success measured by GP performance of region and individual accounts. Performance based quarterly incentives will be structured in commission format as bonus on GP goals.
- Analyze & gather business requirement from large & complexity client environment and perform required research and investigation to identify and create thorough, accurate technical solution proposals based on client requirements.
- Responsible for partnering with BDMs and local sales leadership to drive net new business opportunities within the existing regional account base as well as supporting customer acquisition activities as assigned.
- Prepares cost estimates for professional services (deployment, migration, implementation, workshops, managed infrastructure, etc.) by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with other engineers, architects, practice leads and other professional and technical personnel (both internal and external).
- Develop overall solutions including high-level design (e.g.-Whiteboarding), statements of work (SOW), service design and bills of materials (BOM).
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Work with local, regional and corporate service teams and specialist.
- General Business Development, Marketing, & Partnerships
- Assist and own partnership/alliance functions to assigned partner relationships. This may include being primary contact for Partner/Channel Account Managers and assisting in GTM and business planning as well as driving forward programmatic initiatives.
- Develop relationships and act as liaison with Microsoft and/or AWS on presales activity and account planning
- Act as a technical evangelist for marketing activities including speaking/presenter engagements at conferences, conventions, user groups, webinars, etc.
- Maintain and report on regional service delivery, sales pipeline.
- Maintain and acquire advanced level technical certification in assigned area and maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Participate in regional and corporate solution and presales group with collaboration tools (Yammer, Teams, Sharepoint, …)
- Work with local, regional and global delivery teams
What we need to see from you
- University degree preferred (in the field of Information Technology and/or or equivalent combination of experience and education; Master’s degree preferred).
- 5+ years or equivalent experience selling products and services in datacenter (Cloud) ecosystems.
- Ability to (sell), scope, price with limited support.
- Documented successful sales of enterprise-wide advanced technology data center solutions.
- Advanced-level Partner Sales and Technical Certifications required (Microsoft and/or AWS certification)
- Ability to independently conduct meetings with engineering-level, management-level or executive level customer personnel in regard to positioning sales and solutions.
- Capacity to work with local and international customers, perfect English speaking
What you should really know about us.
Strip away everything. Strip away our brand, strip away our buildings, strip away our offices. What are we left with? Our people. This is what makes SoftwareONE successful. Passionate people who live and breathe our values every day, who delight our customers, every day, and who go above and beyond, every day. Our culture is unique, and I believe that having the right people, and empowering them to succeed, is the absolute key to our success.Patrick Winter, Founder.
What we expect from our employees
Success at SoftwareONE is not defined by what you do for yourself, but by what you deliver for our customers, the business and for the employees around you. SoftwareONE employees are energized, agile, and are laser-focused on delivering world-class Customer Satisfaction and results. Our leaders motivate and inspire their teams and provide a working environment that delivers incredible levels of Employee Satisfaction. We are Humble, have a very high degree of Integrity, and are simply not interested in politics. Our leaders operate with a high level of Discipline but are able to work at Speed manage change in a global economy.
“SoftwareONE is an equal opportunity employer. With employee satisfaction as one of our core values, we are passionate about diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. We want every employee to have the greatest experience of their career.”