Our client a growing Financial Services company are recruiting a Solvency II/Regulatory & Statutory Lead to join their Reporting Team. You will be involved in the production of Solvency II reporting to the CBI as well as monitoring and implementing Regulatory and Statutory change in conjunction with the business and other support functions (Actuarial, Risk, IT, Business Change, Compliance, and Investments).
- Responsible for the preparation of Solvency II & Statutory reports in conjunction with the Head of Finance.
- Coordinate the preparation of QRTs for submission to the CBI and provide relevant commentary for Board/Audit Committee.
- Review of audit files and supportive workings for interim and full year regulatory audit reviews provided to the External and Internal Auditors. Manage queries from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver the Regulatory/Statutory timetable in conjunction with the Head of Finance Statutory & Regulatory Reporting, and Group CFO.
- Build and maintain internal and external business relationships to ensure the effective delivery of the annual external audit process for both Statutory & Regulatory Reporting.
- Undertakes project work in addition to operational responsibilities as the business need arises,
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all key stakeholders across Finance and other business units.
- Support the various insurance entities with the implementation of any IFRS, Statutory or regulatory changes.
- Work with the Finance change lead in the implementation and rolling out of any change which may impact the business lines, software packages or applications.
- Develop capabilities and support the business through complex and challenging deliverables (for example the implementation of IFRS 17).
Required Qualification & Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with 2-5 years post qualified experience.
- Experience within Insurance industry or through auditing insurance clients essential.
- Good knowledge of Solvency II.
- Proven report writing skills, with attention to detail and an ability to keep focused on core objectives.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability.
If you are interested in this Solvency II lead job or other accounting jobs, please contact Grace Caraher on 01 662 1000 for full details.
Bonus, Healthcare, Pension