Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions including heart, digestive, pulmonary, vascular, urological, pelvic health, and chronic pain conditions. We are a leading innovator of medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets.
Responsible for developing and executing optimal commodity & sourcing strategies. Establish & enhance supplier relationships to drive sourcing & supplier initiatives to meet or exceed product quality, service & deliver sustainable cost reductions, whilst reducing or mitigating risk in the Supply Chain. Responsible for collaborating with internal stakeholders and aligning on optimal sourcing strategies to develop and implement one common commodity strategy for the assigned category. Responsible for developing a supplier database that identifies and categorizes potential suppliers by commodity and region to increase the value proposition and reduce TCO.
- Provide strategic influence while building value-add relationships with engaged 3rd party suppliers and respective internal stakeholders to increase sourcing efficiency.
- Promotes and works towards balanced continuous (year-on-year) value improvement for all aspects of quality, service and cost with assigned supply base. Manages supplier performance and identifies Value Improvement Program's to improve TCO accordingly.
- Ensures optimal balance between collaborative engagement and competitive pressure to ensure maximum value is realized.
- Negotiates value improvements and manages optimal supplier contracts.
- Assists in the Supplier Stratification activities and develops capability roadmaps with Supplier Engineering and Commodity Management as part of the Commodity Strategy.
- Manages strategic supplier relationships in line with the Commodity Strategy and understands the strategic differentiators for each supplier.
- Interacts with Site Operational Procurement Teams.
- Owns annual budget process for assigned suppliers as well as crisis or systematic issue resolution.
- Establish early, new supplier involvement to achieve development performance goals, support project timelines, and manage product cost.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports BSC’s Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure all employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Gathers Market Intelligence and trends for the Commodity and Sub-Commodities.
- Define, build and plan alignment on Commodity Strategy for assigned commodity.
- Identifies risks within the commodity and works closely with stakeholders to eliminate or take mitigating actions for strategic risks.
- Leads R&D communications related to the Commodity and facilitates the identification and evaluation of new materials or technologies to cover current and potential future BSC requirements.
- Build alignment between business needs and market dynamics.
- Identifies insourcing and outsourcing opportunities.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies in key sourcing categories that results in a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Guide respective internal leads through a holistic & systematic category approach to material & supplier selection and management.
- Establish early involvement to achieve development performance goals, support project timelines, and manage product cost.
- Identifies all suitable suppliers per commodity and region per sample RFQ and develops comprehensive supplier knowledge & database.
- Works closely with and engages on proactive information sharing with other Global Sourcing Team Members to optimize supply base.
- Develops Should-Cost Models for major sub-commodities.
- Analyses data and develops tools to manage the Commodity.
Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports BSC’s Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure all employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years Strategic Procurement (Sourcing) and Supplier Relationship Management
- Proven quantitative abilities e.g. cost modeling, data analysis
- Experience managing optimal supplier contracts and negotiating value improvements
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Medical Device or experience in a regulated industry is preferred
- Experience sourcing plastics, resins or chemicals
- Experience working with acquisitions integration projects
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare. For more information, visit us at www.bostonscientific.com
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.