Do you have experience auditing and implementing ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001, ISO 50001, ISO 27001 and ISO 22301 across a number of different sites? Have you experience of implementing PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry) or SOC1/2? Perhaps you also have experience of working in the Data Centre, Pharmaceutical, Internet or a Telecoms related industry?
We are looking for an experienced ‘Standards Senior Manager’ with preferably a knowledge of multiple ISO and other industry compliance standards. The Standards Manager will report into the Growth and Emerging Markets Northern European region (GEM-N) Senior Director of Operations and will take the lead on ensuring that the region maintains a high level of compliance to Equinix’s industry accepted certifications.
Standards Senior Manager – GEM-N region
Job Description Summary
Ensuring that the Equinix Growth and Emerging Markets Northern region achieves and maintains a high level of compliance to local regulations and Equinix certification standards, based upon a management framework that drives continual improvement.
To ensure continued compliance and certification of Equinix Growth and Emerging Markets Northern region to ISO standards including security, quality, business continuity, environmental and energy management. Ensure compliance to Payment card industry standards, Systems and Organisation Controls (SOC), Cyber Essentials and other regulatory and industry specific standards. Guide a regional compliance team on best practices and continuous improvement.
- Work with in-country compliance teams to set compliance audit schedule for the GEM-North region. Reporting issues to country and Regional Compliance management
- Ensuring the effective management, monitoring and reporting of a compliance standards audit program including supporting in-country teams during external audits
- Provide compliance standards training and support to Country level Security teams to ensure consistent standards. Mentoring of in-country compliance teams. Help develop training plans in line with regional compliance objectives
- Work with Regional compliance specialist teams to ensure a consistent approach to assess Health & Safety, Security and Business Continuity risks and the management of significant risks
- Assist country teams in the setup of their respective compliance management systems
- Ensure ISMS (Information Security Management System) documentation for the Security Management systems remains up to date and appropriate for the business needs
- Collect and review compliance related KPI’s from the country management and provide appropriate reports
- Ensure compliance issues are added to and monitored on the corrective action tracking system
- Monitoring internal corrective actions and improvements for effectiveness
- Support ISO Health and Safety, Information Security and business continuity management system implementation
- Support ISO Quality, Environmental and Energy management system implementation
- Support Industry Specific compliance certifications such as but not limited to PCI-DSS, ISAE3402 (SOC1/2) and Cyber Essentials.
- Support GEM-N countries in adherence to local and governmental legislation/regulations. Work with local compliance teams to understand same.
- Provide leadership and support for crisis management in the GEM-N region in coordination with global crisis teams
- Work with country Operations leaders to ensure adequate cover for compliance management in each GEM-N country
- Liaise with the Operations leaders and their teams with regards to any gaps and/or findings to ensure timely resolution
- Assist country management in the event of a major security breach or crisis situation, ensuring effective investigation has been carried out
- Help guide in-country compliance teams to collect, compile and report statistics for Compliance Management Reviews
- Work with process owners to continuously improve process and procedures
- Perform ad-hoc reviews of construction projects working with Project Managers to ensure areas of poor H&S or security are addressed
- Liaise with the Global and regional Security and Business Continuity teams regarding any process improvement initiatives
- Assist in the merging of any new acquisitions into the Equinix Compliance Management Systems
- Attend Compliance Meetings with the local country compliance teams on a regular basis to discuss issues and trends
- Assist Country management to ensure all Security and Business Continuity issues are consistently recorded, adequately investigated and reviewed to prevent reoccurrence
- Qualified Lead Auditor / Implementer for ISO 27001, OHSAS 18001, ISO45001 or ISO9001
- 5+ years Industry experience of two or more relevant ISO standards with specialisation in at least two including implementing management systems and preparing for external audit
- Experience in the Internet, IT & Telecoms related industry – preferably in the Datacentre environment. Working in the Semiconductor or pharmaceutical industry also considered.
- Self-motivated and flexible – able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Enhanced interpersonal skills
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, (MS Project optional)
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis
- Integrated Management Systems training/experience
- Strong experience of risk assessment and risk management for H&S and/or security management systems
- Experience/knowledge of PCI-DSS or ISAE3402 (SOC1/2)
- Able to work with cultural diversity