JOB TITLE: Structural Engineer
REF. NO: J4247
JOB TYPE: Permanent
REPORT TO: Director
We are currently recruiting a Structural Engineer to join our Building & Structures Team in Dublin.
RPS Building & Structures sector provides project management and technical excellence in design, appraisal and construction of residential, commercial, industrial, healthcare and educational buildings for public and private Clients in Ireland and overseas.
The position will be based in our Dun Laoghaire Office. The successful candidate will be joining a recognised leader in the delivery of consultancy services in Ireland and the UK.
The Candidate’s Requirements
- Min. 3 years of proven experience in design of buildings to current design standards and regulations
- Track record of working with multi-disciplinary teams including architects, surveyors and contractors
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (Level 8 or higher)
- Chartered Engineer or shortly approaching Chartership
- Knowledge and experience in using Eurocodes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Strong interpersonal, social skills with the ability to manage other design personnel
- Clear, concise and user friendly writing skills
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and structural design and analysis software packages
- A proactive approach with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios
- Structural design of buildings
- Engagement with Clients and Design Teams for project delivery
- Provide leadership to the assigned civil/structural Design Teams
- Manage design output to meet specified quality and agreed timelines and costs
- Assist in procurement of new work in the Residential / Commercial / Industrial sector
- Construction monitoring and reporting
- Work experience in delivery design output on BIM projects
- Knowledge and experience in use of Autodesk Revit and Robot Structural Analysis
- Knowledge of Building Regulations, Technical Guidance Documents and Building Control (Amendment) Regulations
- Knowledge of Health & Safety (Construction) Regulations
- Knowledge and experience of Contracts, including latest government contracts
- Experience in structural surveying and assessments
- Project management experience on building design projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent/proficient spoken and written English
- Builds effective relationships
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
The execution of the successful candidate’s duties will be supported by the Senior Management Team along with the Marketing, Financial, Quality and Human Resources divisions of RPS.
If you would like to join a company that focuses on creativity in design and solutions and is passionate about the service it provides, join RPS. We are a recognised leader in multidisciplinary engineering, environmental, project communications and project management consultancy. Internationally, we have over 5,000 people developing pioneering, revolutionary ideas on strategic, sustainable policies and projects. In Ireland, we employ 600 of the most talented, high-performing professionals in the industry.
RPS do not require assistance from Agencies at this time
Note: As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of RPS’s business, key responsibilities will evolve and change over time.