Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for leading project and supplier improvement activities for the quality engineering department.
During periods of absence, the Section Leader Quality Engineering shall ensure that all the responsibilities of this position are appropriately assigned. The Section Leader Quality Engineering has the authority to act on the behalf of the Supplier Quality Engineer.
- Manage Product and Process Validation activities with Suppliers.
- Lead Quality Engineering support our client on project activities i.e.: Design Improvements, Supplier Transfer’s, Cost Improvements, and New Product Introductions etc.
- Manage activities within the project teams ensuring that project planning is completed correctly with full evaluation and engagement from the necessary resources.
- Lead investigation of component/material quality issues should they arise during day to day production or within projects - work with quality, materials, manufacturing and suppliers to resolve issues.
- Support the selection, development, and management of new Suppliers to ensure our client’s Supplier Approval Requirements are met.
- Establish analysis techniques and other quality control tools within project activities as well as utilization of these to solve specific supplier quality problems.
- Overall responsibility for GMP standards and compliance within the Project Teams and Supplier Engagement.
- Maintain compliance with ISO and FDA Quality System regulations.
- BE/BS Degree. A Post-graduate qualification in Quality Assurance is preferable although not mandatory.
- At least three to five years Quality Engineering experience preferably with supplier control elements or related role within the medical device industry.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong team member with the ability to identify and drive implementation of innovative quality improvements.
- Ability to work within project teams, consistently meeting deadlines and ensuring that all actions are being addressed appropriately.
- Demonstrate and actively promote high levels of professional quality engineering.
- Good communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the company and with suppliers.
- Process Validation and Injection Moulding Experience Desirable.
- Good administrative/organizational ability with high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to liaise with suppliers, customers and regulatory contacts in an informed professional manner.
- Thorough understanding of ISO 13485 and FDA QSR standards.
For more information on this role contact Fiona Rattigan on 091 507 515 or email Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org