System Administrator - NetSec
- Major clients in financial space
- Strong culture of promotion, progression and longevity
- Extensive training provided on product
- Dublin 2 location
Opportunity calls at this thriving tech company. As part of its growth strategy, the company is expanding its Infrastructure team with this System Administration Network Security position.
A key role in the rapid growth of this company’s unique SaaS platform, the Systems Engineer will design, administer and support the operation of mission-critical company systems.
There’s a really unique environment here and the company can proudly say that a large portion of its employees have been here for more than 20 years. Employee retention is high due to the excellent support, training and its culture of promotion within.
The Systems Engineer is varied and diverse, challenging yet rewarding. You will help to develop new support services and contribute to core infrastructure too.
- Play a key role with network and security daily operations, including network troubleshooting, firewall changes, security auditing, and vulnerability management.
- Liaise with senior network and security engineers to implement large-scale improvement projects, including the deployment of new tools and services.
- Assist with on boarding new clients, including environment provisioning, customer connectivity, service integration, and security configuration.
- Provide production infrastructure support for a large and complex base of live clients.
Skills / Experience:
- Operational experience on an infrastructure/systems administration team supporting mission critical production system
- Experience building and delivering IT systems with a high degree of quality.
- General exposure to firewalls, switches, routers, and other networking dev
- Knowledge of basic network architecture concepts (zones/DMZ, VLANs, segmentation, subnetting.LAN/WAN).
- Strong understanding of network services (ex: DNS, DHCP, ARP, TCP/IP stack).
- Good working knowledge of basic firewall configuration concepts (ACL, NAT/PAT, routing statements, ports, protocols, VPNs)
- Experience with Cisco ASA, Palo Alto Checkpoint, or Juniper NetScreen firewalls a plu
- Experience working with various security, identity management, and vulnerability management tools, such as SIEMs, IDS/IPS, DLP, anti-virus and access control system
Salary / Remuneration:
EUR 50,000 – 70,000
For more information, contact Elaine Sheehy confidentially on +353 1 649 8514 or click below to apply.
I specialise in recruiting for IT Infrastructure Engineers, if you wish to discuss this or other IT Infrastructure Engineering opportunities, please feel free to contact me or visit our website.
About Archer – Archer is a Specialist IT Recruitment Consultancy based in Dublin, Ireland