System Engineer - Job code S005
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a self-driven System Engineer who will be:
- Providing technical support to the customer
- Configure, implement, upgrade, and maintain the network infrastructure
- Performance tuning, capacity planning and troubleshooting of Infrastructure
- Provide technical support to internal customers
- Administering Linux and VM Environment
- Administering Wireless Networks (Cisco Meraki)
- Developing documentation and flowcharts on I.T. Processes
- Performing troubleshooting and repair work at a hardware and software level
- Assisting with and work with others to support resolutions
- Administering Data Storage and backups
- Experience of firewalls, switches and routers
- IP routing LAN, VLAN, WLAN, IPsec, OpenVPN, SSH, SNMP, DNS, RADIUS
- Linux System Administration
- Microsoft Windows Server Administration Active Directory, File Shares
- Data Storage/Backup Management/SAN
- Networking and connectivity troubleshooting.
- Virtualised Environments Administration
- 3+ years' experience on Linux environments
- Proficient with at least one scripting language (ideally Python or Bash)
- Ability to write clear and concise emails and documentation.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills to resolve complex technical issues.
- You are a team player.
- Experience in customer facing roles.
We are a dynamic, Irish-owned, professional services company, with locations in Northern Ireland, Eastern Europe, UK and HQ in Dublin. From banking to telecoms, from train stations to space stations, we enable customers to keep vital services running. By providing solutions, consultancy and training, we equip our clients to overcome their challenges with tools and people to develop cutting edge technologies in the areas of DevOps, automation CI and Cloud.
At Ammeon, ground breaking technology is at the forefront, but it's our people who drive the technology and delivery forward. We recognize individual and team contributions, we support them by providing many opportunities for their growth and want them to broaden their horizons by working on technologies that will shape the future. Our HR team is continuously striving to create environment that is supportive, dynamic, innovative and fun to work in.
THE ROLE IS BASED AT OUR CUSTOMER SITE IN DUBLIN 2.
If the above sounds like something you would be passionate about and if you possess the above skills, we look forward to hear from you!
Ammeon is an equal opportunities employer. Ammeon reserves the right to request an employee to be flexible in his or her duties when the business needs require it.
Ammeon does not accept agency resumes and does not take any responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.