The IT System Administrator will report to the Technical Design Authority on a functional basis, but support a number of Service Managers and Projects Managers in line with the demands of the business.
The System Administrator will also be required to deliver remote services to customer locations where we are providing Service. This may require out of hours support when required. The role may also require flexibility to undertake International travel from time to time as part of the delivery of service.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Maintain ownership of the infrastructure design, and all supporting design documents;
- Provide Level 2 Troubleshooting on infrastructure issues reported from business users;
- Collaborates with service providers and external vendors on root cause analysis for problems related to technology and provide detailed diagnostic information when required.
- Communicate clearly to users the cause and resolution of IT issues in a timely and polite manner (All users will be in remote locations);
- Highlight and report all major IT issues and risks to IT Manager in a timely manner.
- Research, test and implement new systems to improve efficiencies and satisfy user requests.
- Assist with testing system releases, patches and disaster recovery;
- Ensure that all scheduled back up systems, archiving systems, web filtering software, Salesforce, anti virus, FTP sites are all operating to specification;
- Provide technical input into vendors proposal, change requests, and incident management
- Execute standard administration tasks such as reviewing system logs, monitor jobs and responding to system alerts;
- Support the business in the governance and management of vendors covering desktop, mobile, networking, and datacentre services with technical input;
- Administer the creation, modification, and deletion of users accounts, emails accounts, and security rights within active directory;
- Perform on-call duties as needed to support technology services to business.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline;
- 3+ years experience as system administrator in a Windows based environment;
- Proven skills in Microsoft cloud technologies including Office 365, Azure, intune, AD connect, ADFS, skype for business, and other company systems;
- MCSE preferred (in Microsoft technologies listed) or at a minimum MCP certification in a number of Microsoft technology listed;
- Good PowerShell scripting a requirement
- Proven skills in networking to include DNS, LAN/WAN, firewalls, wireless;
- Excellent problem solving abilities and good at working under own initiative;
- Ability to take ownership of a technical solution and work with a number of stakeholders (internal and external) to deliver a design and implementation approach;
- Excellent written and communication skills in English;
- Ability to articulate design topics, using tools such as Visio, Powerpoint, and any modelling tools utilising Archimate;
- Ability to be able to work well under pressure during disaster situations;
- Familiar with common technologies for backup, archiving, and system administration
- Administration support skills in SharePoint, SQL Server would be an advantage
- Familiar with Citrix desktop virtualisation technologies (Xenapp/Xendesktop)
- Certification in frameworks such as ITIL v3, ISO 27001 would be an advantage
PLEASE NOTE - This role is ineligible for Critical Skills Permit/VISA sponsorship, our client can only accept applications from candidates who are EU or EEA citizens
Perm and contract available