Engineering and Tech Operations | Dublin, Ireland or London, UK
Closing Date: 1st December 2020
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more-agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
As a Systems Engineer at DocuSign you will work on automating the ongoing process of deploying, securing, and updating our Windows (majority) and Linux servers. You will collaborate closely with members of our DevOps team and assist with various operating system and application hardening projects.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Systems Engineer that is passionate about infrastructure and configuration as code and has solid experience administering Windows and Linux servers, an understanding of common security vulnerabilities and their remediation.
To be successful in the Systems Engineer role you will need to partner with other members of the Operations, Engineering and QA teams. This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the Senior Director of Product and Site Operations.
- Automate configuration of OS build, OS hardening, Active Directory, security patching & performance tuning
- Work with software engineers to ensure that their application deployment automation needs are tested and met
- Assist in monitoring, problem-solving and issue resolution for infrastructure
- Establish monitoring for system alerts, develop SOPs for our operations center and provide hands on resolution of incidents
- Work with members of the Operations team to evaluate, improve, and automate infrastructure components
- Work closely with the security team to ensure the remediation of reported security vulnerabilities
- BS in Computer Science or another related field
- Experience supporting Windows (primarily) and Linux servers and environments
- Experience working with a private or public cloud - AWS, Azure, VMWare, Hyper-V
- Experience with administrative use of scripting such as BASH, Powershell, Python, Ruby scripting languages
- Experience working with a version control platform - GitHub, Bitbucket, Gitlab
- Experience working with web server platforms - NGINX, Apache, IIS, etc.
- Experience working with a configuration management platform - Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet, Chef or similar
- Experience supporting complex, distributed applications
- Knowledge of networking principles and design
- Hands on experience with technologies like Jenkins, Artifactory, HashiCorp tools, RunDeck
- Good understanding of software development principles
- Experience with tuning performance on Windows and Linux systems
- Hands on experience with security benchmarks and system hardening
- Knowledge of technical writing principles and practices
- Experience in an Agile / sprint-based work schedule
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong attention to detail
- Natural aptitude for teaching and ambitious to learn from others in a collaborative team environment
- Experience with infrastructure as code configuration tools such as Terraform or Pulumi
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.