My Client possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of Software Quality Testing. They are currently seeking a Systems Engineer to join their growing Louth team. The successful candidate will be responsible for building, maintaining, and securing portfolios of cloud-based and on-premises server infrastructure.
Apply for the Systems Engineer role above or contact John Egan for more information.
Responsibilities of the Systems Engineer role:
- Troubleshoot systems to include hardware, software, and applications utilizing standard Microsoft and open source toolsets.
- Install, configure, maintain, and administer Windows Server 2008-2019 in a large production environment both locally and remotely.
- Prepare written and visual/schematic documentation as required to satisfy documentation standards.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure stability and availability
- Communicate effectively with team members, co-workers, and outside representatives
- Execute ongoing procedures for upgrades to servers, applications, and networks, inclusive of patching and configuration changes necessary for server hardening.
- Help evaluate new/existing technologies and manage implementation of new technologies and operational procedures.
- Continual maintenance of security, including backup and redundancy strategies
- Administer cloud infrastructure through cloud consoles
- Deploy custom in-house developed software in test and production environments manually or via programmatic means/tools
- Analyse and provide constructive feedback on performance, resilience and availability of applications and systems
- Consistently and successfully provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Provide on call support after standard business hours and be available for weekend software deployments into the production environment.
- Perform other duties as defined by the Manager of Systems Engineering and or Senior Team Lead
Required Skills and Experience for the Systems Engineer role:
- Existing experience with system and network administration, configuration, best security practices, and configuration standards as they apply to IT security.
- Solid understanding of enterprise authentication systems Microsoft and/or others
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the IT field supporting Windows systems.
- 4-year degree in Information Technology or related field is preferred.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Systems Administrator’s Experience with RHEL 6/7 preferred
- MCTS/MCITP/MCSA in Windows Server
- 1-3 years cloud infrastructure and/or service(s) administration experience (AWS, MS Azure, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience installing and configuring and tuning of Open Source and/or Big Data technologies.
- Understanding of load-balancing methodologies and/or experience with administration of load balancing appliances, F5 BigIP-LTM, ASM and/or AMP is preferred.
- Demonstrate experience in performing the duties and responsibilities identified above.
- Solid understanding of multi-tier system architecture components
- Understanding of Development Life Cycle for and strategies for deployment of applications in Testing and Production environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong adherence to and understanding of change control process
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Team player and able to work effectively in a group environment
- Motivated self-starter willing to take on ownership of systems and projects
- Ability and determination to meet predetermined deadlines with shifting priorities.
- Knowledge of CISCO UCS servers and Pure storage hardware (or other major Intel server manufacturer/Flash Stack) to include Disk Fault Tolerance, Network Configuration, System Configuration Utilities.
- Working knowledge of data centre operations, network operations, network management, network protocols, infrastructure design and implementation, client/server architectures and application security.
- Thorough understanding of virtualization technologies
#SystemsEngineer #CISCO #Windows #AWS #AzureIf you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)