Ryanair Holdings plc, Europe’s largest airline group, is the parent company of Ryanair DAC, Lauda, Buzz, Malta Air and Ryanair UK. Carrying over 153m guests p.a. on more than 2,400 daily flights from 87 bases, the group connects over 200 destinations in 37 states on a fleet of over 475 aircraft, with a further 210 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair Holdings to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair Holdings has a team of more than 19,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and extending an industry leading 34-year safety record.
Ryanair is currently recruiting for a Tech Services Systems Engineer.
Based in Dublin, the successful candidate will join a team of experienced engineers to ensure the continued airworthiness of our fleet of over 450 Boeing 737-800 series aircraft. You will also work on various projects as we prepare to introduce the Boeing Max to our fleet from early 2019.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Services you will provide troubleshooting support to Maintrol, Base Maintenance and Line Maintenance and support the reliability section in the identification and resolution of repetitive failures across the fleet.
This role will involve working a shift pattern including night shifts.
The Technical Services Systems Engineer will work within a dedicated team and provide support in the following areas:
- Providing a detailed review of Service Bulletins and Airworthiness Directives;
- Creation and issuing of Engineering Orders;
- Creation of design modifications in support of Ryanair’s Part 21 DOA;
- Administration of Ryanair’s Part 21 DOA;
- Liaising with Boeing and equipment manufactures on resolution of technical issues;
- Generation and editing of applicable operator documents (MEL; Tech Notices; Procedures Notices);
- Provide support of aircraft lease returns relating to systems issues;
- Creation of technical reports in support of issues (e.g. Incidents; Significant Defects).
At least 3 years experience working experience with the following.
- Degree in Aeronautical/Mechanical Engineer or B-1/B-2/CAT A license
- Good technical knowledge of the B737ng aircraft.
- Flexible approach with project delivery being a high priority.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Computer literate, with working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a collaborative team
- Strong attention to detail in multi-tasking situations and the ability to deliver results to tight timelines.