Our client is seeking someone to lead their Infrastructure Support team. In this position you will be responsible for enhancing and leading the execution of our client's technical vision. Candidates must be hands-on monitoring and managing the day-to-day engineering and management of the infrastructure, as well as architect and scale current cloud infrastructure to meet the business strategic goals. The role is a 1 year fixed term contract based in Dublin 11, business working hours.
* Lead the execution of technology strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
* Proactively create, monitor, and report metrics across to drive focus, priorities, and smart decision-making and ensure 24x7x365 operational effectiveness and efficiency.
* Drive root cause mentality across Support functions, ensuring that repeat issues are properly investigated and addressed to prevent further reoccurrence.
* Maintain, enhance, and enforce standard operating procedures around crisis management, keeping the client experience at the forefront of all decisions.
* Lead the engineering and architecture of cloud infrastructure, driving the conversation as to how to architect and scale technology in support of growth strategy.
* Lead a high-performing team, focused on client experience, precision, and data-driven decisions.
* Positively drive client experience and value in a tangible manner
* Provide visible leadership and contribute to and drive company strategy.
* Hands-on leadership; ability to jump in and put hands on the keyboard in high pressure situations 24/7/365 accessibility Root cause mentality, always looking to understand the why.
* Vendor management
o Contract negotiations
* Bachelor's degree (BS) from four-year College or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Relevant industry certifications.
* Minimum 10 years in information technology, with 5 in a leadership position.
* Experience supporting infrastructure in an end-user environment required
* Experience with setting up and maintaining infrastructure in a 24x7x365 operations role, supporting high availability and redundant solutions in a business-critical environment.
* Ability to lead from front and inspire technical team
* Excellent communicator and all round people person.
o AD 2008 forest and functional level sitting on Server 2012
o AD with integrated DNS & DHCP
o Server 2012, 2016 & 2019
o Exchange 2010
o Microsoft VPN
o Microsoft Radius
o SCCM 2012 for image deployments and monthly patching
o Redhat 5, 6,7
* Datacenter backups:
o Networker 9.1 with 100TB disk array and a ITO 7 tape library
* Backoffice Backups :
o Veritas Backup Exec 24TB disk array and ITO 3 tape library
o Veeam with an 8 TB NAS
o VMware house with segregated environments for oracle compliance but a mix of 5.5 & version 6
* HP Switches
* Firewalls mix Juniper & HP(HA)
* Corporate & Guest WIFI
* Citrix NetScaler ( HA)
* Sophos Mail Sweeper
* MacAfee EPO for endpoint virus scanning and device lockdown
* MacAfee Gateway for proxy - virtual appliance
* Xmedius Fax server
* Monitoring - Monit and Grafana Dashboard
* Checkpoint encryption