The Global Learning Services (GLS) team is looking for an experienced Technical Editor to join us in Ireland. In this, role, you will support the development of Red Hat Training courses. You will maintain and enhance the editorial quality and integrity of our learning materials. You’ll need to have a passion for both technology and the English language. As a Technical Editor, you will work closely with a global team of training content developers in an agile framework to continuously deliver content to customers.
- Edit customer-facing IT course materials for organization, content, technical accuracy, style, grammar, and punctuation
- Manage tasks, evaluate task priorities, and demonstrate flexibility when priorities shift
- Follow and update internal style guidelines and apply XML DocBook tagging standards to course content to maintain consistency across curricula
- Collaboratively work with a team of course developers to edit content iteratively; provide feedback and suggestions to improve writing quality
- 3-5 years of experience working as a technical editor with IT-related content, focused on minimalism and structured writing, using internal and industry style guides
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency at reviewing, tagging, and commenting within DocBook XML, AsciiDoc, or HTML
- Experience delivering difficult messages tactfully to content authors to achieve the best user outcome
- Experience working with non-native English-speaking authors
The following are considered a plus:
- Bachelor's degree in English, technical communication, journalism, communications, or a related field
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Proficiency with the agile methodology and GitHub
- Experience with a variety of training modalities, e.g., instructor-led, online learning, virtual training, and video-based training
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.