The Red Hat Global Learning Services (GLS) team is looking for an experienced Technical Instructional Designer to join us in Ireland. In this role, you will lead learning design of Red Hat Training with an emphasis on online (eLearning) learners. You will collaborate with the technical content architects and writers in an agile framework to develop for multiple training environments, including classroom, virtual classroom, eLearning, and video-based online training. Innovation, learner and customer focus, and collaboration will be key to your success as a Technical Instructional Designer, improving the design and implementing changes in the curriculum. You’ll work as part of a globally distributed team across multiple time zones.
- Identify and implement learning-based innovations to enhance students' ability to understand and practice technical skills in synchronous and asynchronous training
- Lead and support the curriculum teams during the planning, analysis, and design phases of content development by providing learning design guidance, templates, and recommendations
- Increase customer feedback through focus groups and other methods; evaluate feedback to identify trends and recommend improvements to curriculum
- Review draft content and provide input to enhance clarity of objectives, structure, and graphical and interactive features in an iterative workflow
- Document and share via guidelines, documentation, onboarding sessions, and training workshops the best practices for effective technical outcome-based training
- 5+ years of direct experience working as an instructional designer of technical training content
- Experience designing and developing classroom-delivered and online-delivered (e-Learning) training
- Ability to identify and then apply innovative learning design elements to enhance student experiences in a continuous delivery (CD) environment
- Experience working in a role where inspiration and persuasion were needed to achieve objectives in a matrixed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English that embrace clarity and brevity
The following are considered a plus:
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Familiarity with using GitHub, ZenHub, DocBook, or AsciiDoc
- Experience designing courseware with outcome-based or challenge-based learning where the students learn by applying skills in practical labs
- Active in professional development organization(s) focused on the latest learning approaches and technologies
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.