Technical Solutions Engineer, Dublin, Ireland
Exposure to mobile is highly advantageous in this role, please outline your exposure to mobile
Swrve provides the market-leading comprehensive marketing platform for enterprise companies to design, deliver and automate multi-channel interactions and campaigns that engage their users across email, mobile, web and streaming/connected devices. With deep analytic capabilities and sophisticated engagement tools on top of a real-time engine, Swrve is building the next generation of marketing technology. Swrve combines today's biggest technology trends—mobile, machine learning & digital marketing—to make it simple for product managers and marketers to delight their customers with highly relevant experiences in real-time.
Swrve's Mobile Engagement Platform provides a comprehensive set of mobile-first capabilities that include audience targeting, real-time segmentation, conversations, push notifications, in-app messaging, A/B testing, predictive models, real-time data orchestration, and rich analytics across all marketing channels. Swrve is installed in hundreds of apps across industries, such as retail, online marketplaces, media and entertainment, travel and hospitality, sports, gaming, telecom and wireless, and financial services. Brands like Telefonica, Blizzard, Digicel, RyanAir, Capital One, Three UK, Cox Communications, Woolworths, Playrix, Emirates Airlines, Conde Nast, and Cinedigm trust Swrve to deliver hyper-personalized customer experiences to their global audiences.
Swrve is private, venture-backed, and headquartered in San Francisco, California. Swrve has offices globally with product management and engineering teams in Dublin, Ireland, and sales, business development, and customer success in London.
We pride ourselves on providing an exciting work environment. Everyone at Swrve has an opportunity to shape the direction of the company. We value team players who are self-directed and are eager to ride and influence the next wave in mobile SaaS technology innovation. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have continued to work remotely in most cases, although we have begun to allow employees who desire to work from an office to return to our offices in Dublin and London.
About This Role
This role is for a Technical Solutions Engineer in our APAC region, based in Dublin, Ireland, and reports to the Chief Customer Officer in San Francisco, California.
As a Technical Solutions Engineer, your role is to advise, support and guide our customers on all things technical. In this role, you will learn, and help create, best practices while working side-by-side with Swrve senior engineers and management. This is very much a full-stack role. During a normal day you can expect to work with your colleagues and customers on the following;
- Educating our customers’ developers on the implementation and configuration of Swrve during onboarding and throughout their lifecycle
- Resolving customer technical questions via our support portal
- Debugging and improving our SDKs
- Inspecting server logs to diagnose instrumentation issues
- Debugging Swrve dashboard issues
- Writing technical best-practice documentation
- Advising our Product and Engineering teams to address long term customer needs
- Supporting sales opportunities by accompanying salespeople on some calls to speak to the technical capabilities of Swrve
Swrve supports a wide range of mobile and connected device platforms with SDKs for Android, iOS, Unity, Web, React Native, Roku, Cordova, and more. The qualified candidate will bring experience with at least two of these platforms to the table, and be hungry to learn the rest. Our Support and Solutions team are renowned for their breadth and depth of expertise on all these platforms, and this is an opportunity for a motivated engineer to radically expand their skill set.
Desired Work Experience
You should have at least 2 years of experience with all of the following:
- Mobile game or app development
- Client-server application development
- High-performance, multi-threaded software development
- Hosted, large database programming with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Computational statistics analysis and visualization
Key Personal Skills
- Solution-focused - strong customer advocacy and professional demeanour
- Excellent communication - clear written and verbal skills, ability to lead technical group presentations and distil complex information into simple terms for non-technical audiences
- Experience working in distributed technical development teams
- Detail-oriented and highly accountable