The Company, Us
We are a next-gen Green logistics early-stage company poised to disrupt the courier industry. Our innovative Click & Collect model utilises electric vehicles for last-mile deliveries and our best-in-class proprietary technology enables us to provide exceptional customer and client experience.
We’re looking for people who want to help shape the future of eco deliveries in Ireland.
Delivery services have proven to be essential during these Covid-19 times and the industry is rapidly expanding, so this is a great time to come on board.
The Candidate, You
We are looking to hire a Technology Director, preferably with a relevant degree qualification, and if you have ITIL or other technical certifications this will be beneficial. We’d like you to have 8+ years strong management experience with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role. You are energetic, enthusiastic and if you have logistics experience, this would be advantageous.
You have proficient technical knowledge, including Cloud infrastructure design and operations, and are happy to be hands-on whilst utilising your successful people and project management skills. This expertise will be needed to build and develop our new technical team.
You have, of course, a strategic mindset and an aptitude to learn new concepts and technologies quickly so are self-motivated, highly professional and come with a positive outlook.
You also have a proven track record of multi-vendor outsourcing and your ability to prioritise work, whilst retaining good judgement in fast paced, high stress situations will be valuable. This means you’re flexible, adaptable and resourceful.
As a start-up, our team is growing so you have the ability to work cohesively and collaboratively with colleagues at all levels and maintain effective working relationships. You also have the capacity to contribute to the development of our fast-growing company and will report directly to the CEO.
ecoXpress core requirements
· Awareness of environmental concerns
· Leads by example and works to add value
· Committed and confident
· Aptitude for problem solving and proactive
· Demonstrates professionalism and credibility
· Champion the company’s eco Credentials (eco Ethos, eco Model, eco Communities)
· Design and implement our agile IT strategy to meet the needs of the business
· Drive our technology roadmap, processes, governance and teams
· Manage the requirements capturing process for software development
· Manage the end to end engagement with the group technology development company, and elsewhere as needed
· Lead on all aspects of information and infrastructure security
· Direct the Active directory, Exchange, SharePoint and Office 365 administration, management and configuration and group policy
· Lead and drive strategic decisions and milestones ensuring the IT framework is effective and able to be scaled as required
· Understand and manage Windows networking (IP, DHCP, DNS etc.), Firewall, routing and switching
· Manage data analysis, querying, manipulation and visualisation (PowerBI, Grafana, MySQL)
· Work autonomously on day to day operational infrastructure challenges
· Manage relationships with external partners supporting troubleshooting and resolution of hardware and software issues (laptops, tablets, mobiles, scanners)
· Direct ongoing maintenance and support of our IT network
· Manage outsourced providers by ensuring efficient infrastructure and business systems remain functional at all times
· Review outsourced providers performances and outputs e.g. SLAs
· Create quality technical documentation/policies and training materials
· Understand competitor/industry technologies and drive innovation to deliver competitive advantage
· Act as technical lead for our IT team through ongoing coaching and mentoring
· Develop and grow our technical team ensuring career progression and effective succession planning
· Work through strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate staff to achieve high levels of performance and KPIs
· Foster positive engagement with all stakeholders at all levels
· Influence and role model, empower teams and promote company eco values and ethics at all times
· Forecast labour resources and implement successful onboarding and training in collaboration with HR
· Ensure all staff are correctly qualified and skilled for optimal performance, in collaboration with HR
· Ensure costs are controlled and results are analysed regularly highlighting problem areas and take appropriate action
· Set/direct budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting
· Identify and address issues/risks and direct continuous improvement programs
· Develop and implement audits ensuring company and industry standards are adhered to, act, correct and support to ensure continual improvements
Full-time senior level role, with flexible work/life balance.
Above industry salary for your outstanding work.
ecoXpress is an equal opportunities employer.
This application will be received in confidence and in applying you consent to us processing your personal data for the purpose of handling your application.
If you fit the above, we’d love to see your CV (max. 2 pages) and cover letter (max.200 words)
ecoXpress is an innovative Irish/International logistics ecoStart-up, whose leading-edge technology, climate-conscious ethos and safe working practices are key to our business model. We foster group collaboration through the team’s knowledge and energies whilst ensuring our outputs are best-in-class, industry disruptive and always meet the needs of our customers, our clients and the business.
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Company events & social hours
- Casual dress
Reference ID: ECO47TD