Our client is looking to recruit a Radio Spectrum Compliance manager for a varied and interesting role. The role will manage a team of 6 with diverse skills in the area of Radio Spectrum Compliance and Management. This will be initially a contract role for 12 months.
• Leading a team of 6 people in the effective delivery of unit goals;
o Planning and maintaining work systems, procedures and policies that enable the optimum performance of the team and unit;
o Setting clear goals, motivating, coaching, monitoring and engaging team members;
o Ensuring smooth team operation and effective collaboration;
• Managing the day to day functions of the unit;
o Market surveillance to prevent non-compliant products from entering the market and to seek out and remove non-compliant products which have entered the market in accordance with the relevant legislation;
o Respond to complaints of radio frequency interference;
o Carry out spectrum monitoring to support the activities
o Conduct search and seize actions in respect of illegal activity affecting the radio spectrum including unlicensed broadcasting.
• Engaging and managing external service providers contracted to carry out radio frequency investigations;
• Engaging with other administrations and international bodies as appropriate to ensure that international best practice is promoted; and
• Contributing to the delivery of the Market Framework Operating Plan by effectively
• A relevant third-level honours degree from a science, technology, engineering or mathematical discipline;
• Relevant experience and knowledge of radiocommunication systems, radio frequency propagation and the telecommunications market in Ireland;
• Proven track record of taking responsibility for delivering complex projects in a multi-disciplinary environment, including the scoping and delivery of such projects and the demonstration of resilience in keeping them on track;
• Experience of managing technical field-based staff
• Experience of engaging and managing consultants/external advisors to deliver projects; and
• A proven ability to apply analytical techniques to problem-solving.
For more information please call Keith on 01 4663983