A global mechatronics R&D specialist has retained our services to recruit a Test Engineering Technician for a 12-month contract position based at their product development centre in Cork.
- The Test Engineering Technician is a member of the Quality & Lean Integration group. The role reports to the Test Engineering Supervisor.
- You will test and debug a variety of Electronic PCB Assemblies and Systems encompassing passive components to FPGA’s and microprocessors.
- A key focus is to drive continuous improvement through applying Lean tools to remove waste from test processes, reducing cost and increasing throughput by minimising downtime.
The Activities Include:
- Use of schematics, layout drawings, assembly drawings, procedures and specifications to set up and test systems.
- Use a variety of test equipment such as DVM’s, Power Supplies, Oscilloscopes, and Frequency Generators for test and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot product returned and occasionally at the users’ plant.
- Functional test and debug of modern electronic motor controllers at system and component level.
- Assist Engineers in implementing engineering changes if needed.
- Perform failure analysis for production and returned assemblies and systems.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Support of test solution design.
- Order parts for new equipment and support the build to deliver new test processes and solutions to schedule and budget.
- Contribute to improving custom test solutions and processes.
- Monitor and maintain existing production test equipment, respond to downtime calls with urgency to minimise interruption to production.
- Implement Correct and Preventative Actions to predict and avoid test downtime
- Work with production test technicians and Test Engineers to improve the reliability and effectiveness of test solutions to meet program needs.
- Improve test procedures and processes and support personnel training to ensure the on-site test is effective.
- Support DFT and work with the wider Engineering Group through the product design cycle to verify and validate solutions.
- Support sister sites with implementing test solutions.
Interested candidates who fulfil the requirements outlined above should forward a copy of their current CV to Andrew Rowley at Brightwater Specialist Recruitment by the link below or call Andrew on +353 21 422 1000 to discuss this other related opportunities.