Trainee Pest Control Technician
Rentokil initial is an established global blue chip organisation, operating in nearly 70 countries for over 90 years. We have a number of businesses within Ireland, including Rentokil Pest Control, Initial Washrooms, Initial Medical and Ambius, all our divisions provide our customers with expert services in a host of different specialisms.
We are a global leader in Pest Control and one of the leading companies that provide expert Washroom Hygiene, Vending and Floor mat solutions. At Rentokil Initial we make business decisions based on the views of our colleagues.
Rentokil are currently seeking motivated and enthusiastic Pest Control technicians to serve our Clients from our Athlone Branch.
Every day, as one of our technicians, is different. You will be visiting customers with a wide range of pest control issues, where you’ll be expected to use your problem solving skills to determine the most effective solution. We deal with a varied range of pests ranging from rats to bedbugs, so you need to be prepared to get your hands dirty.
This role involves a lot of independent working and using your own initiative. Being able to manage your own time is essential.
To be considered for the Trainee Pest Control position you will Ideally have the following;
- Full Irish driving licence
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy whilst meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong commitment to delivering customer excellence.
- Strong organisation skills to effectively manage and prioritise workload.
- Good eye for detail with a high level of accuracy.
You don’t need to be an expert in Pest Control, as full training will be provided in order for you to hit the ground running. All you need is a can do attitude and be ready to learn.
- To fully inspect clients premises for pests, actual or risk of, whilst also determining potential entry points
- To carry out the correct treatment for pests found, and to advise customer of any pests found or notes as a risk
- To advise the customer of maintenance requirements to prevent pests entering the building both verbally and in writing.
- To make clients aware of all risks associated with the recommendations.
- To ensure the sales team are aware of the advice provided via a sales lead and also by telephone
- To highlight hygiene/housekeeping issues with the client, both verbally and in writing, with the reasons for concerns
- To complete minor maintenance work at time of inspection. To report work completed to client both verbally and in writing
- To clean and remove evidence of infestation (e.g. droppings) from a clients premises and dispose of in the appropriate location
- To complete accurate reports on every call, to ensure the client is fully informed of Rentokil Pest Control’s actions on their premises
- To maintain accurate records of daily activity through use of daily work lists and twice daily download of PDA
- To respond within 4 hours to a call from a client by phone and to arrive at their premises within the agreed timescale.
- To keep the client and the Admin Support Centre informed of any delay
- To project a professional image at all times through being clean and well presented
- To undertake a risk assessment and report any issues identified
- To carry out accurate stock takes, order adequate stock to ensure customers are serviced
- To respond to High Dependency calls when required
- To generate sales leads when appropriate
What we offer in return, as well as joining a FTSE100, we also offer you:
- A competitive yearly salary, with potential to rise to after 6 months training
- A company van and fuel card
- Sales lead commission
- Industry Recognised Qualification in Customer Service (apprentice level)
- We will train you to be an expert in Pest Control (BPCA level)
- Salary grading system linked to performance for those colleagues who are keen to develop their career within our business
- Job stability
- Progression Opportunities
- Company pension
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Whilst our technicians come from a range of different backgrounds, we find most of our technicians have previously worked as sales assistants, customer service advisors, delivery drivers, ex-military, maintenance technicians, utilities technicians, handymen, landscapers and construction workers to name a few.
If you would like the chance to work in this exciting role for an innovative company, please apply.
For more information on the Rentokil Initial family, please visit our website https://www.rentokil-initial.com/
As part of your application we require two references.