- Operational responsibilities for the HGV tanker vehicle fleet, drivers and Garage facilities encompassing RSA responsibilities including Driver Hours, Tachograph and Working Time legislation.
- Pro-actively manage and take responsibility for Health & Safety issues and ensure legal compliance.
- Oversee day-to-day challenges including systems, vehicle maintenance, and access to sites, adverse weather and traffic conditions that may require immediate resolution to maintain service integrity.
- Manage Depot Telematics systems to design, implement & deliver KPIs, produce statistical system data reports and other measurable data to further drive efficiencies.
- Participate in the hiring process of new employees and judge the suitability for contract extension.
- Act to avoid personnel and trade union raised conflicts and resolve them when they occur to ensure a productive, co-operative work atmosphere is maintained and promoted.
- On-call responsibility to include forming part of a rota for on call activity as well as availability for out of hour incidents.
- Visit customer sites to carry out risk assessments where deemed necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role in a unionized environment.
- Transport Management (BSc degree) Level 7 or Transport CPC or alternative level Logistics Qualification.
- Dangerous goods transport (ADR) experience an advantage.
- Hold (or be working shortly towards) a CPC in Road Transport qualification
- Strong communication, problem solving and negotiation skills.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.