Product Experience | Dublin, Ireland
Closing Date: 1st March 2021
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Product Experience team - Design, Information, and Insights - focuses on our customers and their business needs. We contribute from the concept all the way to the building of world-class product experiences by partnering with Product Managers, Program Managers, Software Engineers and other cross-functional teams. Together, we are a team of craftspeople who aim to make the complex look easy. We employ insights, pixels, and words to solve big problems and make delightful experiences.
As an Information Experience UI copywriter, you act as an integral partner with our design, product management, and engineering teams. You focus on making the product easy to adopt and helping our users learn to use DocuSign to power their businesses.
You own DocuSign’s direct written communication and standards for users within the product user interface. You help shape the in-product information direction for our products and create engaging informational product experiences for our customers. You thrive while writing original copy, and when collaborating in partnership with Product Design, Product Management, and others. You are passionate about engaging customers through voice and tone, learning from data, testing and iteration, to improve the customer experience in the product. You welcome feedback from a wide variety of stakeholders, seek research and data to support ideas, and tap your intuition to make the right decision in the absence of definitive facts. You adeptly balance business needs, technical feasibility needs, and simple, engaging, user-centered writing.
This position reports to the Manager of UI Writing.
- Design information flows and copy web and/or mobile applications.
- Partner with UX Designers to work on creation of information flows within complex workflows from concept, wireframes, prototypes and system style guides.
- Collaborate with the UX designers to create a cohesive cross-product experience including contributing to the UX style guide and update and maintain the product copy standards and guidelines.
- Write new copy for the DocuSign interface across platforms, including UI labels, feature naming, and informational and instructional in-app direct user communication (e.g. new-user onboarding, service updates, account information).
- Work with User Research to identify opportunities where research can inspire, optimize or evaluate the information design; in the absence of research, use data and have an intuition for what will work well.
- Work with Product Managers to identify OKRs for educational interactions.
- Revisit existing product copy in an effort to constantly refine DocuSign user communications.
- As steward of DocuSign’s in-product copy, you’ll help drive clarity and consistency in tone, terminology and use a systematic approach for all in-product copy that follows a coherent set of rules.
- Engages and incorporates feedback from multiple stakeholders across DocuSign, seeking buy-in from senior product and design managers.
- Serve as a resident UI copy expert, collaborating and provide coaching for designers, writers, PMs and engineers as appropriate.
- Archive product copy decisions, establishing and referring to precedents in order to maintain consistent communication with DocuSign customers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in the high-tech industry, preferably SaaS.
- 5+ years of experience in UI copywriting, or combined 5+ years in UI copywriting as well as technical writing or UX/product design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects
- Strong self-driven time management and prioritization abilities
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.