Warehouse Operative Local Sort Swords - 052158
Hours:4.00pm - 8.00pmMon - Fri, additional hourswhen required to meet operational requirements
Warehouse operatives will be required to work in thelocal sortoperation in theSwords Package Centre. They will need to ensure accurate movement of all packages, safely within the warehouse sort environment whilst working to specific deadlines. The warehouse operative role is critical to the success of UPS and has a direct impact on both UPS colleague's working day and most importantly our customers.
• Unload parcels from vehicles maintaining a high activity level whilst using safe working methods.
• Accurately load parcels on vehicles ensuring maximum utilization of space and proper securing of load.
• Ensure that packages are correctly handled and stored to avoid damage.
• Prioritize "guaranteed service" parcels, segregating them as appropriate.
• Assist in the electronic scanning of all parcels using a handheld scanner.
• To identify any 'Cash on Delivery' parcels.
• Comply with Company and Health and Safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
• Undertake other miscellaneous duties as directed by the Manager.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and attributes: