Your New Role:
Are you seeking a role where you will be a valued member of staff and where the company will want to hear your views on issues?
My Mayo-based client is a forward thinking one and is currently recruiting for an experienced warehouse person, who will want to join the and stay with this team.
What will you be doing?
- Proactively identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives via structured problem solving.
- Receiving, storing, picking, packing and shipping inventory orders.
- Carry out physical inspection and elementary functional testing of materials and equipment in compliance with company procedures and practices.
- Working in a team environment, the person will plan, organize and prioritise daily tasks.
- Accurately record all inventory transactions using inventory management systems
- Pro-actively identify, highlight and address potential issues or hazards - Health & Safety.
- Verify inventory management system records by planning and completing cycle counts.
- Housekeeping duties, maintenance and inspection of the warehouse, associated areas and material handling equipment ensuring a safe working environment.
- Carry out material handling activities ensuring safe transportation and storage of product at all times in line with good distribution practices (GDP)
- Loading and unloading materials
- Regular data reporting and analysis supporting operational performance measurement and improvement of Logistics processes.
- Knowledge and experience of all aspects of the role as outlined.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems and MRP tools - ERP.
- Results Orientation: Deliver measurable results. Makes and Meets Commitments.
- Demonstrate energy, real initiative and ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative and team approach.
- Attention to Detail, ensuring work is executed accurately and completely.
- Ability to work and cope within tight deadlines.
- Record of accomplishment in contributing to high performance teams.
- Professional and effective Communicator, written and oral.
- Two years' experience in a modern warehousing environment is desirable.
- Current counterbalance forklift drivers' licence desirable.
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to join progressive company & reach your potential
If you are interested in this role and have the skills and experience to match submit a copy of your CV in Word Format immediate consideration. Otherwise, ring 086 467 0709 for more information on the role.