Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, carrying over 117m customers p.a. on more than 1,800 daily flights from 84 bases, connecting 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of 350 Boeing 737 aircraft, with a further 315?Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic to 180m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 11,500 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 31-year safety record.
Reporting to the QA manager, you will take direction from your QA lead, define, estimate duration and execute test cases against the software under test. This is a permanent position based in our Dublin HQ.
Ideally the successful candidate will have a qualification in a technical discipline (e.g. BSc in CS, IT or Physics) alternative qualifications such as a post graduate masters with an IT focus or a technical qualification from a recognised PLC with the relevant experience might also be considered
Previous experience testing Web Browser based applications for high volume, high availability e-commerce based web sites, in industries such as Airlines, Insurance or Gaming.
Candidates should express a desire to progress along the QA career path on either the technical or team leadership route.
Strict attention to detail and a good eye for UI/UX anomalies are essential qualities for any prospective candidates.
Ideal Candidates should be able to demonstrate
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills and adapting quickly to new technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a capacity for problem definition and analysis with an ability to present issues in a way that the development team can interpret into solutions in the application
Applicants should have knowledge of some or all of the following:
· Java, C++, Objective C
· C# .NET development environment
· SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
· Cross browser testing (IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox…)
· Selenium Web driver
· The Atlassian application stack (Jira, Confluence, Stash)
o Or Bugzilla, Redmine
· Fiddler/Wireshark/Charles or equivalent
· ISTQB Foundation certified (or higher)
o Would provide a distinct advantage
· Test Asset management systems
o TestRail, Zephyr, HP ALM or equivalent