The L'OCCITANE Group is a global, natural and organic ingredient-based cosmetics and well-being products maker, producer and retailer. The Group is built on strong values of entrepreneurship, team work, respect and authenticity. It is committed to developing products that are increasingly respectful of both man and his environment.
The Group has four brands : L'OCCITANE en Provence, Melvita, Erborian et L'OCCITANE au Brésil.
With a presence in 90 countries, our products are distributing in more than 2,900 stores in the world.
Position Title: Sales Associate
Reports to: Boutique Manager
Working as part of a team to meet or exceed the performance and sales targets set by the Company whilst providing customers with an exceptional shopping experience in our Boutiques.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? No
- Always provide the highest level of service to ensure all customers have an exceptional shopping experience by following the L’Occitane ALWAYS Conversation
- Consistently meet/exceed your personal Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) set by the Boutique Manager to contribute to the success of the Company
- Maintain excellent personal product knowledge to effectively advise and recommend products, campaigns and offers
- Support in-Boutique and external customer events
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures at all times. Ensure retail bulletin and other Boutique communications are read and followed in a timely manner.
- Assist in maintaining the visual merchandising standards throughout the Boutique and participate in window campaign changes as required
- Assist in upholding excellent housekeeping standards throughout the Boutique, back office and staff area
- Support the Boutique Management with security and general Health & Safety monitoring
- Performing any other tasks required by Boutique Management to support the needs of the business
- Effectively use the Point of Sale (POS) system to process all transactions without error
- Uphold the L’Occitane values ensuring PROSPERITY is at the core of everything we do
- Offer & provide demonstrations (including hand massage) to all customers
- Offer & serve refreshments, including wine on weekends and at special events
- Assist in unpacking and checking off of new stock deliveries as well as participating in stock takes when required
Required Knowledge & Competencies
- Excellent customer service skills
- Confident and effective communication and listening skills
- Able to demonstrate pro-active selling ability
- Highly motivated to achieve personal KPI’s and contribute towards Boutique objectives
- Able to work effectively in a team
- Reliable, honest and flexible
- Positive and friendly attitude as well as consistent ability to operate at your best
- Previous experience in a retail sales role
- Good knowledge of the beauty industry – previous experience an advantage
- Able to give examples of previously achieving targets and KPI’s
- PC literate – intermediate or above
- Strong numerical and literacy skills
L'Occitane is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.