On behalf of our client, an IT Managed Services provider based in South Dublin, we are looking to hire a talented and committed IT Engineer to be a part of the Service and Support team on a permanent basis.
This team provides support of IT hardware, software and systems in a remote, on-site, and on-call capacity for customers. Experience in level 2/3 troubleshooting, good problem solving skills, self-motivated and being able to work independently and as part of a team is required.
Day to day activities include; Logging of incidents in Incident Management system, e-mail/phone communication with customer and vendor Support teams; updating knowledge base articles, processes and procedures; maintaining customer relationships throughout the support process.
Previous experience in the following required:
- Understanding of internet technologies – TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, mail transport, and NFS
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, SQL, and Exchange
- Strong understanding of Windows Server ( 2008,2010 etc.)
- Strong understanding of Virtual environments (VMware)
- Strong understanding of Virtualisation Storage
- Support and resolve issues related to Server Hardware, Networking, Active Directory, DNS, E-Mail, Virtual Machines, and Storage Area Networks.
- Ability to diagnose, repair and upgrade enterprise networks and systems
- Perform regular Patch Updates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical documentation
- Internal Systems Support
- Linux or Oracle
- SQL Database Admin or Backup (NetBackup, Commvault, EMC Networker)
- Problem Solving and Troubleshooting Skills
- Self-Motivated, Independent Worker
- Microsoft Certified MCSA or MCSE preferred